Davao City to build P247 million drainage project

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/02 October) — The city government will start building
this month its P247-million urban drainage and flood control project in six
major flood-prone areas, Mayor Rodrigo Duterte said.

The project, part of the P990 million loaned by the city government from Land
Bank of the Philippines earlier this year, has been awarded to David M.
Consunji Inc. on a design-and-build package.

DMCI’s bid was P247 million, P3 million below the P250 million allotted by the
city from the loan. Duterte said the excess will be reserved for price
adjustments.

Groundbreaking ceremonies were held Monday in each of the six areas identified
as priority in Barangay Lizada, Toril; McArthur Highway-Tulip Drive junction;
Sta. Ana– Suazo-Boulevard area; Brgy. Obrero; Lanang; and NHA Buhangin.

Duterte said it won’t really stop the perennial flood problem of the city but
at least address the problem in the major flood-prone areas. Read story here.

About mindanaw

A Journalist from Mindanao

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: