Highest’ alert level raised in Davao – Duterte
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/11 October) — The security alert level here had been
raised to “highest”, Mayor Rodrigo R. Duterte said Wednesday following bomb
explosions in two Mindanao cities and a town in North Cotabato.
Duterte noted that the city was not a target of the bombing but “security
forces are doing whatever imaginable thing possible to keep it safe.”
Six people were killed and 32 wounded when bomb exploded in Makilala, North
Cotabato Wednesday evening. Four were also wounded when a bomb exploded in
Tacurong City at noon. A bomb also exploded in Cotabato City Wednesday noon
but there were no reported injuries.
Duterte, who chairs the Regional Peace and Order Council of Southeastern
Mindanao, said they will not reveal any suspect as yet because investigation
is still ongoing.
“It is dangerous to speculate as of now,” Duterte said. “We just have to wait
for the results of the investigations,” he told a press conference.
North Cotabato Governor Emmanuel Pinol said the bombs made of 81-mm mortar is
“signature MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front). The MILF has denied this (see
Duterte does not share Pinol’s view. “I think the MILF can help in lessening
the violence,” he said as he cited efforts to break the impasse in the peace
talks with government.